TEACHER’S TRAINING COLLEGE
Teachers’ Training College aspires to offer quality teacher education in the Disability sector.
The College enlightens, emancipet and empower the student teacher fraternity and to promote a humane society based on love, freedom, liberty, justice, equality and fraternity.
Mr. Parimal Bera
Incharge, Teachers' Training College
The Teacher's Training Programme will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skill to import education and training effectively to children with disabilities as well as all other children and thus being teachers for all children.
Our college aims at the integral formation of prospective teachers for the establishment of a just and humane society. We visualize the overall development of would be teachers who will be the storehouse of knowledge and with this potential knowledge, they will have the unlimited abilities and capacities to spread the wisdom all around.
The mission of the College is to help prepare outstanding educators, scholars, and researchers, and to advance the profession of education, as broadly defined, through research on the special education and art of teaching and learning, the application of clinical processes, the effective uses of technology, effective implementation of different therapies and the analysis and development of leadership and educational policy.
TRAINING PROGRAMMES CONDUCTED BY MANOVIKAS KENDRA
B.Ed.in Special Education (Mental Retardation)
|Affiliated to:||Jadavpur University|
|Eligibility:||Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree and / or in the Masters degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities.|
|Intake Capacity:||30 seats|
B.Ed. Spl. Ed. (ODL) MR
|Affiliated to:||Netaji Subhas Open university|
|Duration:||Two Years and SixMonths|
|Eligibility:||Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree and/or in the Masters degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities.|
|Intake Capacity:||40 seats|
D.EDSE (Mental Retardation)
|Affiliated to:||NIEPMD, Chennai|
|Eligibility:||Candidates with at least 50% marks in 10+2passed in any stream.|
|Intake Capacity:||30 seats|
- Special Education Resource Teacher or Regular teacher in Mainstream School
- Special Educator in Special School or CBR program
- Special Educators in Sarva Shiksha Mission
- Special Educator in IEDC cell, Directorate of Education
ACHIEVEMENTS B.Ed Spl. Edu (MR) (J.U)
The B.Ed Spl.Edu (MR) Course under the aegis of Jadavpur University, commenced from the year 2005. So far 260 students have passed out, mostly with distinctions and first class. From 2016 batch onwards according to NCTE rules the course duration is 2 years with a very effective all India based same syllabus
Ms. Nandini Saha is one of the students of B.Ed 2014-15 batch who is now acting as Special Educator at Singapore, St. Clare School for Special Education. Gargi Majumdar & Sudakshina Dey are also students of B.Ed 2014-15 recruited as Special Educator at Sri Sri Academy, Kolkata.
DSE (MR) (NIMH / NIEMPD)
The DSE (MR) course commenced from the year 2000. It is now a two years course, under the aegis of NIEPMD. So far 204 students have passed out, mostly with distinctions and first class. This course is very much practical oriented and the students are given hands on training which enables them to work with special needs children. All trainees, passed out, are gainfully employed.
Manovikas Kendra was a study center, an Examination center and Evaluation Center for Manipal University and is also a study and examination center for IGNOU.
B.Ed SE DE (MR) (NSOU) (DISTANCE COURSE)
This course which is run in affiliation with NSOU commenced from 2006 and is a distance learning course of two and half years duration. So far 140 students have passed out from this course. Manovikas Kendra is one of the study centers and examination centers of NSOU.
The Continuing Rehabilitation Education Program is conducted by RCI for the Regular upgradation of the knowledge of special educators. A number of CRE Programmes have been conducted in our Institute through the years where many luminaries of the special world have taken sessions and imparted their knowledge to the participants who have greatly benefited from their years of experience.
Manovikas Kendra Teachers' Training Centre has traversed a long journey from 1998. Now the scenario of special Education has totally changed and for this changed scenario, our alumni play a big role. Some of them are attached with Hospitals, different schools of Kolkata like Heritage, Mahadevi Birla World Academy, South City International etc.
ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT BY FACULTY MEMBERS
- Mr. Parimal Bera was appointed CS for DSE(MR) Exam June,2016 conducted by NIEPMD.
- Ms. Rituparna Sarkar and Mr. Parimal Bera was selected for study material writing for NSOU B.ED ODL .
- Ms.Saheli Mukherjee invited as Special Educator at TARA TV for their live program “Bhalo Acchi Bhalo Theko”.
- Ms. Rituparna Sarkar was appointed CLO for DSE(MR) Exam June,2016 conducted by NIEPMD.
- Ms. Rituparna Sarkar appointed as inspector from RCI to inspect New courses
- Ms. Rituparna Sarkar , Mr. Parimal Bera and Ms. Saheli Mukherjee acted as external theory and Practical examiner of different Universities.
- Mr. Parimal Bera participated in the one day National Seminar on Best Practices on HRD in Disability Sector th on 10 June 2016.
- Mr. Parimal Bera attended STC in teacher education at Jadavpur University.
- Mr. Parimal Bera presented status report on HRD Practices in WB on behalf of West Bengal at Eastern Zonal Coordinator Meet ,Ranchi.
Copyright © 2017. Manovikas Kendra. All Rights Reserved