Dhankhet Manovikas KendraDhankhet Manovikas Kendra, had been established in 1986 at Bonhoogly, Sonarpur, South 24 Parganas in West Bengal. The centre provides learning opportunities to the rural children with special need. It had been an inclusive set up where the regular children and children with special need used to get education. The main objective is to empower each child by making them self sufficient and independent, rehabilitating them in the society. The Academic year is from January to December.
- Need based education and training to the under privileged children of nearby rural areas.
- To improve the quality of life of these children through education and Pre-Vocation training.
- Creating awareness among the rural population about the causes, prevention and rehabilitation of children with special needs.
|Mild Intellectual Disability||08|
|Moderate Intellectual Disability||06|
|Autism Spectrum Disorder||07|
This year (2018-19), a total of 70 special needs and other students, have enrolled in Dhankhet Manovikas Kendra.
The different regular classes are:
- Pre-Primary Unit
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- Class IV
- Special education
- Co curricular activity
- Assessment of children with special need
- Speech therapy
- Multisensory activities
- Occupational therapy
- Physio therapy
- Pre- vocational activity
- Indoor play
- Institution has provided mid day meal, free school uniform, winter dress, stationeries and books to the students
Some new plans and programmes for 2016-17
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physio Therapy
- Pre-Vocational Activity
- Indoor Play
- Parent’s feedback
- Celebration of Rabindra Jayanti
- Summer project Presentation by students
- Birthday celebrations of Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar and Late Nirmal Sengupta
- Annual sports
- 2 students received teaching learning materials from NIEPID
- “Protsahan” program was organized by TCS, where the children came 3rd
Ananda is a 8 year old boy who took admission at Dhankhet Manovikas Kendra in 2017. He was diagnosed with hearing impairment. The time when he was admitted to the school he was very shy, fearful and did not show any age appropriate behaviour. With proper intervention through speech and language therapy and special education, now he has improved a lot in academics, as well as in co curricular like drawing, games, dance etc. He has shown a lot of improvements and we hope that she will continue to move forward in the future too.
Sayan is a 8 year old boy. He took admission at Dhankhet Manovikas Kendra in 2018. He was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. At the time of admission,he was very restless, stubborn, displayed hyperactivity and poor sitting tolerance. After receiving proper interventions, he has improved significantly in academics and colouring. At present he can colour, and enjoys rhymes and actively participates in all school activities.