Manovikas Kendra started its journey on 28th January, 1974 in Kolkata.
Manovikas Kendra works for the welfare and rehabilitation of children with disabilities. It also works towards spreading awareness about issues related to special children.
The areas covered by Manovikas Kendra includes Assessment, Diagnosis, Therapeutic Intervention, Inclusive Education, Human Resource Development and Bio-Medical Research for overall development of Persons with Special Needs.
Skill based training is provided to make young adults employable and economically independent. Manovikas Kendra has a separate unit for children with Autism where students are categorized into two sections based on their functional level and age.
“ To explore and develop to the fullest, the potential that lies in each individual with special needs in order to bring them to the mainstream of the society. ”
“ To promote research and services through identification, intervention and rehabilitation of the individuals with special need and with learning disability. To educate the community and train human resource to ensure that No Child is Left Behind. ”
- Imparting education and training to underprivileged children coming from nearby areas.
- To encourage and foster fellow feeling amongst the children with average intelligence and below average intelligence.
- To uplift the quality of life of these children through education, vocational training and joyful learning.
- To encourage and sponsor the education of children to the mainstream schools after their completion of class IV.
- Registered under Society Registration Act, West Bengal, Act XXVI of 1961, S/65763 of 1990-1991
- Recognized by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Recognized by Directorate of Social Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Registered Society under National Trust (For the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, & Multiple Disabilities) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Manovikas Biomedical Research and Diagnostic Centre is a registered Genetic Laboratory that conducts Chromosomal Tests, Biochemical Studies and Molecular Studies only) under Director of Health Services, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Recognized as a scientific and industrial research organization by the department of scientific and industrial research under the scheme on recognition of scientific and industrial research organization (SIROs) , 1988, by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Registered U/S 52(2) & 4(B) of the Person with disabilities (equal opportunities protection of rights and full participation) Act , 1995 & Rule 43 of the Persons with disabilities (equal opportunities protection of rights and full participation) Rules 1999.
- Recognized under Rehabilitation Council of India to conduct diploma in education (special education- mental retardation).
- Registered U/S, 12A of IT Act, 1961.
- Approved by DIT (E), Kolkata for receiving donation U/S 80G (5) (VI) of the IT Act, 1961.
- Approved by Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India for the purpose of receiving donation under clause (ii) of subsection (1) of section 35 of IT Act, 1961.
- Registered under section 6(1) of foreign contribution (regulation) act, 1976, registration no. 147120407
- PAN NO. AAATM5943Q
- TAN No. CALM05298G
- Manovikas Kendra an NGO, has been registered as an employer under the WB State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1979 (West Bengal Act VI of 1979)
- Recognized under Rehabilitation Council of India to conduct B. Ed, Special Education (Mental Retardation) course of Jadavpur University in regular mode and Netaji Subhas Open University in distance mode.
- National Institute of Open School has accredited :
- For Open Basic Education Programme.
- Secondary & Sr. Secondary Courses.
- Vocational Courses.
NIOS has also accredited to cater to the needs of special learners as SAIED (Special Accredited Institute for Education of the Disadvantaged)