Manovikas Kendra started its journey on 28th January, 1974 in Kolkata.Manovikas Kendra works for the welfare and rehabilitation of children with disabilities. It also works towards spreading awareness about issues related to special children.The areas covered by Manovikas Kendra includes Assessment, Diagnosis, Therapeutic Intervention, Inclusive Education, Human Resource Development and Bio-Medical Research for overall development of Persons with Special Needs.Skill based training is provided to make young adults employable and economically independent. Manovikas Kendra has a separate unit for children with Autism where students are categorized into two sections based on their functional level and age.
“ To explore and develop to the fullest, the potential that lies in each individual with special needs in order to bring them to the mainstream of the society. ”
“ To promote research and services through identification, intervention and rehabilitation of the individuals with special need and with learning disability. To educate the community and train human resource to ensure that No Child is Left Behind. ”
- Imparting education and training to underprivileged children coming from nearby areas.
- To encourage and foster fellow feeling amongst the children with average intelligence and below average intelligence.
- To uplift the quality of life of these children through education, vocational training and joyful learning.
- To encourage and sponsor the education of children to the mainstream schools after their completion of class IV.
- Registered under Society Registration Act, West Bengal, Act XXVI of 1961, S/65763 of 1990-1991.
- Recognized by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Recognized by the Directorate of Social Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Registered Society under National Trust (For the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, & Multiple Disabilities) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Manovikas Biomedical Research and Diagnostic Centre is a registered Genetic Laboratory that conducts Chromosomal Tests, Biochemical Studies and Molecular Studies only) under Director of Health Services, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Recognized in 1999 as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Registered U/S 52(2) & 4(B) of the Person with disabilities (equal opportunities protection of rights and full participation) Act , 1995 & Rule 43 of the Persons with
disabilities (equal opportunities protection of rights and full participation) Rules 1999.
- Registered under U/S, 12A of IT Act, 1961.
- Approved by the DIT (E), Kolkata for receiving donation U/S 80G (5) (VI) of the IT Act, 1961.
- Approved by the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India for receiving donation under section 35, subsection (1) , clause (ii), of IT Act, 1961.
- Registered under section 6(1) of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976, registration no. 147120407.
- Recognized under the Rehabilitation Council of India to conduct B. Ed, Special Education (Mental Retardation) course of Jadavpur University in regular mode and Netaji Subhas Open University in distance mode.
- National Institute of Open School has accredited Manovikas Kendra for: Open Basic Education Programme.
Secondary &amp; Sr. Secondary Courses.
Needs of special learners as Special Accredited Institute for Education of then Disadvantaged (SAIED).